Easily calculate the mean System Usability Score (SUS) from a set of replies. Each row corresponds to a single participant, each column to the score that participant gave. The result is calculated based on the original publication by Brooke, J. (1996). SUS: A ‘quick and dirty’ usability scale, graded 1 = Strongly disagree, 5 = Strongly Agree.
(You can paste directly from an excel by selecting the first cell and pressing ctrl/cmd + v)
Mean SUS score:
- For positively worded questions take the number of the answer and subtract 1
- For negatively worded questions take the number of the answer and subtract it from 5
- Add all 10 questions’ scores
- Multiply the number by 2.5
- You will get a number between 0 and 100, which is the SUS score